Thursday, March 11, 2010

Was he omniscient by any chance?

"Tumi ki keboli chobi, shudhu pot ey lekha......
noyoney somukhey tumi nai, noyonero majhkhane niyehco je thaayi........"

This is a very random query that I have. I am overburdened with the pressure of impending mid semester exams and those dreadful project submission deadlines. My only resort during these times is invariably "Dadu". No alternatives per se. But this one really intrigued me. I was relistening to the quoted song after quite a long time. In fact I cannot recollect when did I listen to this before, but obviously was familiar with "noyon somukhey" line. But now that I took a liking for the song and replayed it quite sometime it reaffirmed my belief that Tagore was a visionary. Come on! he died in 1941 and the CERN people also could not think of coming up with the internet that fast. I mean this song suits those dime a dozen virtual relationships we strike up so aptly. Not the dozen but those few ones where you wished the transatlantic ridges appeared lesser and lesser. Also, if the oscillating time zones did not exist. Come on! all of us did fall for that virtual stranger who knew about you more than he/she should. It's a kind of syndrome. Many of those calculative souls fall for it. Nothing wrong in it actually. When the reality appears to be so vague, you seek refuse in everything virtual. and you do it knowingly. You know it won't work out. Your aspirations- personal and professional doesn't match. Still you want it to work out. If the other nips the possibilities of anything further happening (read kills the possibility of getting hurt bigtime in the future) you tend to get hurt. and then you take refuge to Tagore.

So did he know about virtual reality? Or to be precise could he imagine such a scenario? or did he fall for anyone like that? We all know about Victoria Ocampo and also the fact that they could not meet for the second time. Was it written for her? or for somebody else. I don't know about the time it was written. But the longing of a long distance love story seems evident. Anybody knowing please do enlighten on that and my primary query, "did he actually know about the future?- the virtual reality?".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...